The Sexual Violence Research Initiative (SVRI) will host its next Forum on the theme of “partnerships for policy action” from September 18-21, 2017 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Abstracts will be accepted until February 1, 2017 and will focus on the following topics:
- What do we need to do to meet the SDGs? How should attainment be monitored? How do we scale up prevention?
- How do we strengthen the evidence base on prevalence and drivers of sexual and intimate partner and other forms of violence against women and children and LGBTI groups?
- How do we build better interventions using evidence to inform locally relevant prevention and response strategies?
- Sharing of new and / or existing tools and methods including:
- Measuring and monitoring of SGBV-related SDG targets and goals
- Costing of interventions and the overall impact of SGBV
- SGBV in conflict, post-conflict, humanitarian and high urban violence settings – planning, implementing, coordinating and monitoring essential actions to prevent and mitigate impacts of SGBV
- Facilitating a feminist way forward for women and men to work together on violence against women
- Interconnections and intersections between different forms of violence across the lifespan
- Child participation in research on childhood violence and abuse
For more information about submitting an abstract, please visit here.
For more information about SVRI’s upcoming 2017 Forum, please visit here.